Pomona College’s website advises students of 47 Things to Do Before Leaving Pomona.* The vast majority of those activities take place outside the city boundaries, so here is Claremontography’s list of 47 Things To Do in Claremont. Because life here is so lovely year-round, this list will divide the 47 among four seasons – the first six of twelve suggestions for summer is here. Wednesday’s post will conclude Summer Things To Do. Stay tuned for Fall, Winter and Spring lists at the appropriate season.
*(If you do not know the mythology of the number 47 for Pomona College – enlighten yourself here.)
Six free things to enjoy in the summer:
- 1. Splash in the Laemmle Plaza Fountain
- 2. Stroll downtown Claremont on a Friday night for the free music of Friday Nights Live.
- 3. Enjoy the shade of the big trees at a local park. Bring a picnic, if you’d like.
- 4. Celebrate the 4th of July! Run the 5K, eat a pancake breakfast served up by the Rotary in the Park, enjoy the booths, watch the parade and fireworks. It’s the best day in Claremont, according to my daughters.
- 5. After July 4, go to Memorial Park for free Monday night concerts.
- 6. Take advantage of the Library. Kids can sign up for the summer reading program which includes free activities, adults and teens can also take advantage of free programs, and, of course, check out books!